Friday, October 29, 2010

Our story begins

We met a few years ago.  I was a reasonably sexy woman who was in my mid-thirties and in the middle of a divorce from my lying, cheating husband of fifteen years.  He was a reasonably muscular man in his late twenties.  He loved how intelligent I was, found that to be a huge turn on.  And I loved his passion for me and his honesty.

The two of us became fast friends and then lovers.  And while I wasn't sure what I saw in our future, I loved our sex life.  It was the passion.  It was being on fire together.

Only, like with most fires, the passion slowly died and we became one of those old married couples (even though we aren't married) who had sex anywhere from occasionally to barely at all.  I would complain.  He would explain that the pressure didn't help.  I would make a move.  He would turn me down.  All the rejection and feeling unloved and unwanted took its toll.

We broke up and got back together several times.  There were some unavoidable truths that he couldn't escape.  There were feelings that he couldn't recover from.  And in the end, we realized we had to make it work or suffer forever.  We love each other.  We want to be together.

And so we hoped that one day our sex life would come back.  We hoped that in the course of building a life together, we'd find that romantic spark, that the passion would once again ignite.  I figured it was a phase.  I expected that, like the tides, there would be ebbs and flows in our feelings and our sex drive. 

It's come back.  It's stronger than ever.  Follow along and see what has made all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment